Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hits so close to home...Not sure to laugh or cry...

A few weeks ago I came across this parody video/song to the song We Are Young by Fun.  This was right around the time I have been very reflective of my life and where I am at right now.  I don't know if it is because my 15 year high school reunion is this summer, just seeing the move American Reunion (which they are around my age going back to their reunion, and playing a lot of the music I loved in the 90's, and despite it being an American...Movie, it was somewhat relateable), or what, but I definitely in this weird place.  Many people have said your 30's are so much better than your 20's.  If you were to ask me today, I would say I would take my 20's over being 30 something any day (well except possibly 25...I think I had my quarter life crisis at 25, at least on my birthday I remember).  Granted I was lost in my 20's also, but I was in my 20's and thought it was ok.  And I was ok with it for the most part.  I still had fun, was much more carefree.  But now, I am still lost, and well, in your 30's it is a little harder to still be lost.  We're Not Young.  I don't have time to be lost.  There are decisions to be made...to have kids or to not have kids, settling and staying at a job I actually like and respect...  And when I heard this song, I laughed, but I also kind of choked up, as it kind of hit home...and how I feel right now...and how I have been feeling.  Based on this song, it does seem like other people my age are feeling the same way...I just wish I knew some of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to know what you think!