Saturday, June 11, 2011

Something you wish you hadn't done in your life

My friend had this as a title of one of her blog posts and I read it and my one thing is the same as hers, going to grad school when I did.  After graduating Monmouth, I worked in a corporate setting and quickly realized this is not the environment I wanted to be in for the rest of my working life.  In a previous post found here you can read about how I wanted to become a guidance counselor.

I don't regret the experience per say, as I met some great people in grad school.  I did really good in grad school, but looking back, I really didn't need to get a master's (which I haven't yet really gotten as of yet) in Higher Education.  I should have waited, or, gone ahead and done a master's in school counseling.  I am now stuck in limbo, trying to figure out what I want to do and be able to move forward and accomplish that.  Do I really feel like going back and doing more schooling, not really.  But if I want to go into school counseling, that is the only way i can achieve that.  And that is something I need to decide soon, as I am not getting any younger.

1 comment:

  1. :( clearly I totally agree...I love school and did well, but it just wasn't worth it. I am so sorry you feel that same way.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to know what you think!