Thursday, June 16, 2011

I promise myself I wouldn't...

I promise myself I wouldn't write another ranting blog for a while.  However, it has been one of those weeks, so the ranting has been penned up and it must come out! 

Everything just is bothering me, and it all started this week.  This week has been particularly difficult at work.  The morale is low.  We are all bitching to each other about the atmosphere.  And just realizing that why am I in the situation I am in.

So these are my rants for this week:

  • When ordering blinds, why does it jump from 23" w to 27" w.  I need 26" in width.  Now it is going to cost me a lot more money to buy custom blinds.
  • Bath and Body works discontinuing 2 pack wallflowers and scents that I like.  They are discontinuing Sea Island Cotton and Sensual Amber.  There are a lot more scents they are discontinuing, but those two are the ones that stick out.  They will continue to sell single bulb wallflowers, and maybe eco-friendly, but is certainly not wallet friendly.  One bulb is $6, and they hardly ever go on sale.
  • Not getting any return phone calls from my doctors.  My temporary general doctor needs to see my progress on a medication I have been on since 2005.  Really?  Just so you can see me for five minutes, charge me a $20 co-pay only to write out the prescription wrong.  Granted my prescription plan is horrible now; the script has to written out in 90 day increments, or it will be more expensive if it is written out for 30 days. I told my doctor this and didn't check when I left only to be told when filling my prescription.  I don't know why he can't write it out for a year.  He wrote out for 5 months. Why???  So I called the office today to let him know he needs to rewrite the script out but I won't hold my breath waiting for a callback.  Same with my Gynecologist.  I need to find a replacement but for the time being I need her to provide me with the prescription she was supposed to write me back for my annual in April.  She gave me the samples, but not the script.  Well I am coming close to using up my samples and call her to let her know I need the script she never provided, only to not get a callback after leaving two messages.  
  • To micro-managing.  Instead of telling us that there things to do even though we are completely swamped, why not pitch in and be a team player.
  • About people who don't want to do their job.  We are the front line so deal with every nut, crazy, stupid, and clueless person.  When someone calls and requests to speak to someone specifically and when you call them to let them know, and they hem and haw before taking the call.  God forbid you might have to lift a finger and do your job.
  • About realizing I feel like I don't have a career direction.  I do but I am afraid I am not doing anything to be able to advance.  I am wondering where I can go from here???
I know there were more, but these are the ones just swirling around my head for the past few days.

Hopefully I will have something more cheerful to post 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to know what you think!