Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding the right Shampoo and Conditioner for my mop

I have been getting bored of my shampoo and conditioner as of late.  If I air dry my hair, it looks like a bird's nest.  It drys half curly, half wavy, and with these really funky bends in the front of my hair.  Suffice it to say I usually blow dry my hair when I style it.  Even then though I don't have the most manageable hair.  It still frizzes and gets puffy and never fully straight.  To this day I am still trying to find the ideal shampoo and conditioner....I actually found it, BUT, I don't know what it is.  How is that you say??? Well I participate in some online surveys which on occasion will send you products to test.  I received an unmarked Shampoo and Conditioner and it is AWESOME!  It smells great, makes my hair feel amazing, and it styles great!  But, since it doesn't have a name attached to it, I have no clue who would make it, if it even ends up going on the market.  I have wrote the company a few times that conducts the surveys and they said they can't give out any info.  I even asked for an ingredient list, but nothing.  So I am hording it not using it just because once I use it, it will be gone forever :(

So I have been doing a lot of research trying to find a shampoo and conditioner that might be comparable.  I had picked up Pantene Ice Shine Shampoo and Conditioner because I heard how great it is with someone with fine hair.  I can't wait to use it up.  It does nothing for me.  I usually try to use up something before buying and starting another, but I couldn't take it anymore.  I have been doing a lot of research for hair products for people with frizzy fine hair.  L'Oreal Eversleek has been recommended on several occasions.  Luckily I had $4 worth of coupons I went ahead and purchased the Shampoo and Conditioner for Frizzy Hair.  They also have one for chemically straightened hair, but I don't have that so I didn't get that one.  It smells good.  It has sunflower extract in it.  Very light and lingering but not overpowering.  I have been using the S&C the last week, and since I got it has been raining everyday that I use it.  So I couldn't see the real effect.  However today I washed my hair and it didn't rain thank goodness, but I do think there is humidity in the air (but you know what it should fight that, right).  Well it gives my hair a waxy feel, which I think is to weigh down the puffiness and prevent frizz, which I guess it does. But it seems like my hair takes much longer to dry then usual.  Also I still can't get my hair very straight. I pull it taught brushing it while I am blow drying, and I still am ending up with wavy hair.  I guess it looks OK but I am still on the search for the perfect Shampoo and Conditioner.  I have one but it won't last once I use it up.

Have you found your perfect Shampoo and Conditioner?

1 comment:

  1. I really like Hello Hydration line...I think it's an extension of Herbal Essence? Every time I use it, my hair is really smooth, shiny and workable. The recent rain/humidity/cooler weather roller coaster we have been riding lately doesn't help! I have wavy hair and it's difficult to tame!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to know what you think!