Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hazy, Lazy days of.....winter?

Today was the 1st day all winter that my job was actually closed.  Yesterday we got out at 3pm.  I thought hell was freezing over.  Or someone was just messing with me.  But we actually closed!  I have been yearning for a snow day since our first snowfall in December.  All my other friends who work at schools have had a good number of snow days already.  I keep seeing their status on facebook saying SNOW DAY! or NO SCHOOL!.  I am happy they have a snow day, but can I just have one?  I have so much stuff to do, cleaning, organizing, wash, you name it!

Well today I got that day!!!! and what am I doing with it???? Nothing.  I am still unshowered, in my pajamas, doing nothing of substance (well except posting a blog for the first time since November 2010 on how I am doing nothing).  Granted. I have been pretty burnt out these last few weeks.  I have been wanting to have a day where I just lounge, catch up on my email (check), update the blog a bit (double check), and just relax.  But now that I am doing that right now, all I can think of is all the stuff that needs to be done!  I have clothes piling up on my dresser that I have worn that need to be put away.  Sheets that need to be washed, floors that need to be mopped, laundry to put away.

So I guess I have been somewhat productive, however just not the way I wanted to be.  I guess it is okay to have a lazy day. I just wish I had another snow day to have a productive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to know what you think!